ProTeens Bible Study
9:30 am - 10:30 am
"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12
We are excited to kickoff our ProTeens ministry for teens in 7th-12th grade. This Sunday morning Bible study will focus on many topics relevant to Christian young people. Weekly lessons will emphasize the importance of a close walk with God, a healthy relationship with parents, and involvement in the local church. Bible study groups of guys and girls facilitate important questions and healthy conversation.
We are thrilled to provide Bible study materials so teens can follow along during the lesson and discussion time every Sunday. In addition, we offer devotional journals and personal Bible study booklets (Milk, Meat, Bread, Fish) for teens to use throughout the week. Any teens who need these materials should contact Pastor Christian Acosta.
September 25 - Matthew 21:1-16
- What does the fact that Christ rode into Jerusalem on a donkey suggest about him?
- Do I get angry about the same kind of things about which Jesus was angry?
September 26 - Matthew 21:17-27
- What does Jesus mean by the word "faith"?
- What does the way I live my life suggest about who I really believe my authority is?
September 27 - Matthew 21:28-46
- Explain what verse 44 means. Is it better to be broken in pieces or crushed? Why?
- Which of the two sons (vs. 28-32) am I more like? What does this suggest about how I can change to honor God?
September 28 - Matthew 22:1-14
- If the original invitees to the wedding represent the Jews and God's covenant to provide salvation for them, who are the guests invited later?
- How have I responded to God's invitation? Have I "changed garments" to prepare for the feast?
September 29 - Matthew 22:15-46
- Why would Jesus' antagonists not have believed in Him, even though he silenced them through the authority of his teaching?
- How does my life show that I keep the two great commandments?
September 30 - Matthew 23:1-12
- Why is humility such an important element of Christian character?
- What in my life do I do for men's eyes?
October 1 - Matthew 23:13-39
- What was at the center of the Pharisees' hypocrisy? What did they not understand?
- What in my life am I hiding so that people will think I am spiritual?
October 2 - Matthew 24:1-28
- What does it mean to endure to the end?
- How am I demonstrating that pattern in my life right now?
October 3 - Matthew 24:29-51
- What is the believer's responsibility as a slave of Christ in this day?
- What have I done in the last day that shows I was not prepared at that moment for Christ's return?
9:30 am - 10:30 am
"Teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Colossians 3:16
Children can learn about the importance of ministry in the local church from a young age. One way they can do that is by growing in their musical abilities. That's why we are thrilled to introduce Patch and Peewee Clubs this Fall. This special ministry will provide your children with weekly Bible lessons, fun activities, and training in music. We look forward to preparing the children of our church to minister in song during our services.