ProTeens Bible Study
9:30 am - 10:30 am
"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12
We are excited to kickoff our ProTeens ministry for teens in 7th-12th grade. This Sunday morning Bible study will focus on many topics relevant to Christian young people. Weekly lessons will emphasize the importance of a close walk with God, a healthy relationship with parents, and involvement in the local church. Bible study groups of guys and girls facilitate important questions and healthy conversation.
We are thrilled to provide Bible study materials so teens can follow along during the lesson and discussion time every Sunday. In addition, we offer devotional journals and personal Bible study booklets (Milk, Meat, Bread, Fish) for teens to use throughout the week. Any teens who need these materials should contact Pastor Christian Acosta.
November 29 - John 6:15-37
- What does Jesus teach about proper priorities in this passage (v. 27)?
- Am I hungering and thirsting spiritually? If so, why?
November 30 - John 6:38-71
- What happens in a person's life that causes him to come to Christ and believe in Him (v. 44)?
- Why should I give God the credit for my faith in Christ?
December 1 - John 7:1-24
- What might have been Jesus' brothers' motives for trying to get Him to present Himself to the crowds at the feast (vv. 4-5)?
- How can I learn to judge difficult matters with righteous judgment rather than simply by their appearance on the surface (v. 24)?
December 2 - John 7:25-53
- What was Christ claiming in this passage that caused some of the people to want to kill Him (vv. 28-30)?
- If I were Nicodemus, what would I have said about Jesus before the chief priests and Pharisees? Would I have said anything?
December 3 - John 8:1-24
- If Christ is the Light of the World, what does this passage say about those who claim there are many ways to truth and salvation (v. 12)?
- When have I tried to discredit someone by spreading rumors about them as the Jews did with Jesus?
December 4 - Acts 1:1-11
- What must change in my life in order for me to be an effective witness to the power of the Holy Spirit (v. 8)?
- Am I prayerfully considering where and how God would have me be a witness for Him?
December 5 - Acts 1:12-26
- What was the difference between Peter and Judas's failures that led one to commit suicide and the other to become a leader in the church?
- If people knew me as they knew Judas after his sin and death, would they see that I am not a true follower of Christ?
9:30 am - 10:30 am
"Teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Colossians 3:16
Children can learn about the importance of ministry in the local church from a young age. One way they can do that is by growing in their musical abilities. That's why we are thrilled to introduce Patch and Peewee Clubs this Fall. This special ministry will provide your children with weekly Bible lessons, fun activities, and training in music. We look forward to preparing the children of our church to minister in song during our services.