Back to Calendar
Events | Softball Tournament
We have confirmed field reservations at Hinton Park (Corona) for a terrific day of inter-church softball and fellowship this Spring.
This location features two turf softball fields near the 7-train 111th stop and right off the Grand Central Parkway. The park also features a volleyball court, outdoor exercise equipment, seating areas, and a playground for children.
The day's schedule will entail playing several games in a rotation, two games at a time. We will also organize a carry-in picnic lunch and a final championship and consolation game. If you are unable to field a full team, please contact Pastor Thomas Overmiller and we may be able to add your players to another team.
- 8:00 - Team A vs. Team B / Team C vs. Team D
- 9:15 - Team E vs. Team F / Team G vs. Team H
- 10:30 - Winner vs. Loser / Winner vs. Loser
- 11:45 - Winner vs. Loser / Winner vs. Loser
- 1:00 - Championship Game / Consolation Game
First games will be determined by a raffle prior to the event. We will seed teams based upon a random drawing. We will also choose home and away teams based upon a coin toss. Championship and consolation match seedings will be determined as follows:
- Best W/L record
- First tie-breaker will be total runs allowed
- Second tie-breaker will be total hits
- Third tie-breaker will be total runs scored
To know whether you will be playing your first game at 8:00 or 9:15, look for an announcement by email closer to the day.
- Each game will be officiated by an umpire.
- The maximum time for a game will be 1 hour or 5 innings.
- To ensure efficient use of time, every batter will begin with a 1-1 count.
- We will observe a 10-run rule, 3-inning mercy rule. The game will end after 3 innings if a team leads by ten runs or more.
- Players must be 9 years or older.
- Each team may play with 8 players minimum or 13 players maximum.
- A team may field up to 10 players on defense (4 outfielders, 4 infielders, 1 pitcher, 1 catcher)
- Every team member must be included in the batting order.
- Each player must bring his or her own glove, hat, sneakers (or rubber cleats), and bat.
- No bunting, stealing, or lead-offs will be allowed.